A comprehensive, time synchronized, simulation capability for testing Tactical Data Systems (TDS) and training their operators, through simulation of all TDS external interfaces in an interactive environment.
Incorporates standard features providing a range of capabilities, from a simple message insertion in a Data Link to time-synchronized and event-driven scenarios that simulate live, real-world scenarios.
Provides the capability to conduct composite team training between cooperating TDSs through the use of the DIS or HLS simulation protocols across the Simulation Network.
The UTTS consists of the following elements:
- A Scenario Generation/Control Unit (SGCU) that provides centralized control of the UTTS including Scenario Generation prior to the test/training session, Scenario Control during the test/training session, and off-line support tasks such as Data Reduction. The SGCU can interoperate within a network of TDS simulators for multi-site test or training via the DIS or HLA protocols.
- One or more Pilot Stations (PS) that provide the means to the instructor to force a simulated track to maneuver in response to an Operator/Trainee’s direction.
- One or more Data Link Interface Units (DLIU) that simulate the technical performance of, and provides human-machine interfaces for operational interactions of a TDS unit participating on a specific Data Link.
- One or more Data Link Network Interface Units (DLNIU) that provide the means to combine several DLIUs within the structure and protocols of a Data Link network (e.g., Link 11/TADIL A or Link 16/TADIL J).
- One or more Sensor Interface Units (SIU) that provide simulation of the sensor inputs (Radar or ESM) associated with a TDS.
- One or more Weapon Interface Units (WIU) that provide simulation of the weapons that are directly associated with the TDS.
> Scalable by adding or removing elements to/from the simulation network
> Scenario Generation capabilities that provide for the detailed definition of:
- Platforms - Air, Surface (maritime), Subsurface, Ground or Space platforms
- Emitters - IFF/SIF, Comm, Acoustic, Geodetic, ECM or IR
- Sensors - Radars, Sonars, IFF/SIF, ECM, IR and Acoustic
- Weapons - Guns, Bombs or Missiles with associated Emitters or Sensors
- Data Links/Networks – DLIUs and NDLIUs
- Decoys - Chaff and flares and their associated kinematics
- Entities - Associate a Platform with Emitters, Sensors,Weapons, Data Links and Decoys
- Air, Surface, Sub-surface, Space and Land Tracks with Pre-defined Paths/Routes
- Meteorological and Geographical Conditions
- A Digital Map for all or part of the Operational Area
- Winds between sea level and 100,000 feet in 10,000-foot increments
- Sea State in twelve levels and applied for the complete Operational Area
- Cloud Areas in 10 nautical mile squares, with associated altitude range (two values), lateral velocity and density (10 levels)
- Rain Areas in 10 nautical mile squares, with associated altitude (one value), lateral velocity and density (10 levels)
- Scripted or-online Events
- Track - Steering (manual or scenario driven), Position, Altitude, Speed, ID or IFF/SIF
- Weapon Firing
- Activation/Deactivation of Data Links, Emitters, Sensors and Weapons
- Conditional – Reaction to a Pre-defined Trigger
> Scenario Execution
- Start, Freeze, Resume, Go To (Specific Time), Forward, Fast Forward and Terminate
- Run-time Ability to Create Tracks, Change Track Data and Edit/Execute Events
- Initiate, Stop or Re-initiate Data Recording
> General Interface Units Characteristics
- Co-located IUs
- Remote IUs
- Air, Surface, Subsurface and Ground Reporting Radii
- ESM Reporting Radius
- ECM Reporting Radius
- IU Positional Bias
- Track Position Reporting Error
> Data Link Interface Units
- Link 1, Link 11/TADIL A, Link 11B/TADIL B, Link 14, ATDL-1, IJMS, Link 16/TADIL J, with expansion for Link 22 and VMF
- Non-standard DLIUs are available or can be created to meet specific needs
Powerful Scenario Generator
Capabilities that provide for the detailed definition of:
Platforms, Emitters, Sensors, Weapons, Data Links/Networks, Meteorological and Geographical conditions, Scripted or on-line Events
Interoperable/Composite team training
Within a network of simulators for multi-site testing or composite team training via the DIS or HLA protocols
Multi-Data Link capable
One or more Data Link units that simulate practically all existing Data Links, including Link 16, Link 11, Link11B, Link 1, ATDL-1, JREAP, with expansion for Link 22 and VMF